The Power of the Anointing for Breakthrough is already in you. The word “Christ” (in Greek khristos) means “the Anointed One”. If you have Christ in you the hope of glory that means that the anointing is already in you through the power of the Holy Spirit.
The question is, is it operating inside of you?
Are you tapping into what is already inside of you if you are a believer?
The Anointing God Puts on you cannot be taken away, it is generational
You shall anoint them, as you anointed their father, that they may minister to Me as priests; for their anointing shall surely be an everlasting priesthood throughout their generations.”
The Anointing for breakthrough started with Jesus.
Jesus had first fasted for 40 days in the desert while being challenged by Satan before releasing this Word found in Luke 4.
Luke 4:16-30 – Jesus Rejected at Nazareth
16 So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. 17 And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written:
18 “The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me,
Because He has anointed Me
To preach the gospel to the poor;
He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted,[j]
To proclaim liberty to the captives
And recovery of sight to the blind,
To set at liberty those who are oppressed;
19 To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.”[k]
20 Then He closed the book, and gave it back to the attendant and sat down. And the eyes of all who were in the synagogue were fixed on Him.21 And He began to say to them, “Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing.” 22 So all bore witness to Him, and marveled at the gracious words which proceeded out of His mouth. And they said, “Is this not Joseph’s son?”
23 He said to them, “You will surely say this proverb to Me, ‘Physician, heal yourself! Whatever we have heard done in Capernaum,[l] do also here in Your country.’” 24 Then He said, “Assuredly, I say to you, no prophet is accepted in his own country. 25 But I tell you truly, many widows were in Israel in the days of Elijah, when the heaven was shut up three years and six months, and there was a great famine throughout all the land; 26 but to none of them was Elijah sent except to Zarephath,[m] in the region of Sidon, to a woman who was a widow. 27 And many lepers were in Israel in the time of Elisha the prophet, and none of them was cleansed except Naaman the Syrian.”
28 So all those in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath, 29 and rose up and thrust Him out of the city; and they led Him to the brow of the hill on which their city was built, that they might throw Him down over the cliff. 30 Then passing through the midst of them, He went His way.
The Anointing on Jesus is the same anointing we need to tap into as Christians in order to operate in a realm of perpetual breakthroughs.
First the anointing Jesus speaks of comes from the Holy Spirit (Verse 18). The Holy Spirit provides the power that backs the anointing for you to be able to do the following:
- To preach the gospel to the poor: It brings good news to the Poor (poverty in spirit, poverty in finance, poverty in relationship, in fact all areas of Poverty).
- He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted: It has the power to heal what was broken in your heart because everything you do in your life is a reflection of what is in your heart. Out of the abundance of the heart your mouth speaks.
- To proclaim liberty to the captives: It breaks bondages to those bound to sin in any area (spiritually and physically). Because the Holy Spirit provides the power that backs the anointing, you need to understand that you need to tap into the spiritual realm to move what cannot be moved in the natural realm. This can be done by prayer and fasting and meditating on God’s Word. Every breakthrough you require for God to intervene is only found through the power of the Holy Spirit. If you don’t tap into the Spirit, you will operate in a realm of mediocrity as you strive by might and power. Learn to humble yourself and go before God to whom is your source of breakthrough.
- And recovery of sight to the blind, – Jesus doesn’t just restore physical vision, he restores your spiritual sight to see into the spirit, He restores your vision so that you are able to see yourself in the way that God sees you and He also restores the overall vision you require in order for you to be successful in your life. In order to be successful, you require Revelation.
What is Revelation? The dictionary defines it as:
- the act of revealing or disclosing; disclosure.
- something revealed or disclosed, especially a striking disclosure, as of something not before realized.
God’s disclosure of Himself and His will to His creatures.
an instance of such communication or disclosure.
something thus communicated or disclosed.
something that contains such disclosure, as the Bible.
In the KJV it says in Proverbs 29:18: 18 Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.
The NKJV version says: Where there is no revelation the people cast off restraint; But happy is he who keeps the law.
Vision brings you revelation, however, you are required to keep the law which is contained in God’s word; meaning that you must follow God’s Word. It is not enough to be a hearer of it when you don’t do what it says. You don’t want to be a Revelation Short of a Breakthrough.
Vision allows you to see what you couldn’t see before and it brings about direction towards your elevation.
When God gives you a revelation, he reveals to you what was hidden so that you are guided in the right direction.
You need Revelation for ELEVATION.
How can you follow the Lord’s direction when you cannot see?
That is why it is important to meditate on God’s Word so that you are provided clear direction as to where you ought to go, rather than follow another man’s revelation of where they think you should go. You have to learn to see God by following His Word. That’s why there is emphasis to meditate on His Word day and night so that it does not depart from your mouth. The more you meditate, the more you can see clearly and hear clearly. If you don’t meditate on His Word, you will follow a false direction and will end up misguided into the wrong direction and that is why God’s people keep perishing, because they don’t keep God’s word. They don’t meditate on it and therefore, they run in the dark and find themselves lost and directionless. It is important to keep your eyes fixed on Jesus if you want to maintain the vision that He has for your life which is in:
Jeremiah 29:11 – 11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
- To set at liberty those who are oppressed; The anointing is so powerful that it gives you the ability to deliver people from oppression whether it is demonically inspired (demonization) or legally inspired (through the laws of men) to oppress people into slavery/torture of different sorts (i.e. human trafficking/ war etc). God has given us authority to challenge and defeat the oppressors in order to set captives free.
- To proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.” The anointing also prophesies what the Lord will do in every year. When you proclaim, you are declaring what it is that you want to see. The anointing gives you the power to call forth those things that be not as though they were. You can call your breakthroughs into being by proclaiming by faith what it is that you want to see happen in your year. The thing is, whatever you proclaim requires you to partner with the Holy Spirit in order so see your breakthrough.
Romans 4:17 – As it is written: “I have made you a father of many nations.” He is our father in the sight of God, in whom he believed—the God who gives life to the dead and calls into being things that were not.
The Power of the Anointing:
- Confounds the wise and the mighty (Luke 4:22). People will not know why God has put such an anointing on your life but God is willing to use a willing vessel to do great and mighty works. Look at David as an example.
1 Corinthians 1:27 (NKJV) – 27 But God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty;
- The Anointing locates the least likely for increase (Luke 4:25-26). There were many widows in Israel and yet the prophet Elijah during the time of the great famine that lasted 3 years 6 months visited the widow who fed him the last morsel she had for herself and her son. The oil in her pots brought increase in a time of famine.
1 Kings 17:8-16 Elijah and the Widow
8 Then the word of the Lord came to him, saying, 9 “Arise, go to Zarephath, which belongs to Sidon, and dwell there. See, I have commanded a widow there to provide for you.” 10 So he arose and went to Zarephath. And when he came to the gate of the city, indeed a widow was there gathering sticks. And he called to her and said, “Please bring me a little water in a cup, that I may drink.” 11 And as she was going to get it, he called to her and said, “Please bring me a morsel of bread in your hand.”
12 So she said, “As the Lord your God lives, I do not have bread, only a handful of flour in a bin, and a little oil in a jar; and see, I am gathering a couple of sticks that I may go in and prepare it for myself and my son, that we may eat it, and die.”
13 And Elijah said to her, “Do not fear; go and do as you have said, but make me a small cake from it first, and bring it to me; and afterward make some for yourself and your son. 14 For thus says the Lord God of Israel: ‘The bin of flour shall not be used up, nor shall the jar of oil run dry, until the day the Lord sends rain on the earth.’”
15 So she went away and did according to the word of Elijah; and she and he and her household ate for many days. 16 The bin of flour was not used up, nor did the jar of oil run dry, according to the word of the Lord which He spoke by Elijah.
- The Anointing does not discriminate, it locates willing vessels to receive breakthrough (Luke 4:27). The same applies to Naaman in 2 Kings 5: 1-19 who was a great and honorable Commander who the Lord had given him victory to the Syrian army that he served as commander was also struck by leprosy. However when he listened to the prophet Elisha from the enemies camp (the Children of Israel) he was healed. It just goes to show that the anointing can even heal the least likely to believe in the God you serve.
2 Kings 5: 1-19 – Naaman’s Leprosy Healed
5 Now Naaman, commander of the army of the king of Syria, was a great and honorable man in the eyes of his master, because by him the Lord had given victory to Syria. He was also a mighty man of valor, but a leper. 2 And the Syrians had gone out on raids, and had brought back captive a young girl from the land of Israel. She waited on Naaman’s wife. 3 Then she said to her mistress, “If only my master were with the prophet who is in Samaria! For he would heal him of his leprosy.” 4 And Naaman went in and told his master, saying, “Thus and thus said the girl who is from the land of Israel.”
5 Then the king of Syria said, “Go now, and I will send a letter to the king of Israel.”
So he departed and took with him ten talents of silver, six thousand shekels of gold, and ten changes of clothing. 6 Then he brought the letter to the king of Israel, which said,
Now be advised, when this letter comes to you, that I have sent Naaman my servant to you, that you may heal him of his leprosy.
7 And it happened, when the king of Israel read the letter, that he tore his clothes and said, “Am I God, to kill and make alive, that this man sends a man to me to heal him of his leprosy? Therefore please consider, and see how he seeks a quarrel with me.”
8 So it was, when Elisha the man of God heard that the king of Israel had torn his clothes, that he sent to the king, saying, “Why have you torn your clothes? Please let him come to me, and he shall know that there is a prophet in Israel.”
9 Then Naaman went with his horses and chariot, and he stood at the door of Elisha’s house. 10 And Elisha sent a messenger to him, saying, “Go and wash in the Jordan seven times, and your flesh shall be restored to you, and you shall be clean.” 11 But Naaman became furious, and went away and said, “Indeed, I said to myself, ‘He will surely come out to me, and stand and call on the name of the Lord his God, and wave his hand over the place, and heal the leprosy.’ 12 Are not the Abanah[a] and the Pharpar, the rivers of Damascus, better than all the waters of Israel? Could I not wash in them and be clean?” So he turned and went away in a rage. 13 And his servants came near and spoke to him, and said, “My father, if the prophet had told you to do something great, would you not have done it? How much more then, when he says to you, ‘Wash, and be clean’?” 14 So he went down and dipped seven times in the Jordan, according to the saying of the man of God; and his flesh was restored like the flesh of a little child, and he was clean.
15 And he returned to the man of God, he and all his aides, and came and stood before him; and he said, “Indeed, now I know that there is no God in all the earth, except in Israel; now therefore, please take a gift from your servant.”
16 But he said, “As the Lord lives, before whom I stand, I will receive nothing.” And he urged him to take it, but he refused.
17 So Naaman said, “Then, if not, please let your servant be given two mule-loads of earth; for your servant will no longer offer either burnt offering or sacrifice to other gods, but to the Lord. 18 Yet in this thing may the Lord pardon your servant: when my master goes into the temple of Rimmon to worship there, and he leans on my hand, and I bow down in the temple of Rimmon—when I bow down in the temple of Rimmon, may the Lord please pardon your servant in this thing.”
19 Then he said to him, “Go in peace.” So he departed from him a short distance.
- The Anointing Offends those that do not practice the Truth (Luke 4:28) People will not like the fact that the anointing in your life reveals their own weaknesses and will stir up jealousy, hatred, and people will want to attack you but the anointing will still preserve you.
Jesus kept emphasizing in the synagogue that a prophet is not accepted in their own country and was calling that out on the Jews. Elijah and Elisha were such prophets and they kept giving instructions to willing vessels to receive blessings who were foreigners. In the Bible, you will find the frustration of the Lord in the book of Isaiah who keeps saying “Oh Jerusalem, how I have sent you many prophets and you did not receive them” and they kept killing them, dismissing them and not hearing them because they would not accept the instruction that the Lord had to give to them to guide them back in the right direction. The blessing of the anointing was no longer reserved just for the Jews, it was also for the Gentiles (non-believers). That’s why Jesus states that He was going to pour out all His Spirit on all flesh. You no longer needed to be a Jew to receive the anointing and this reality and truth heavily offended those in the Synagogue.
The anointing gives direction to willing vessels and it does not discriminate. This is why a Muslim or any non-believer for that matter can come to church and receive the Word and act on it (being a doer of what they hear) and receive the reward that a Christian sitting in the same room would miss. The Anointing searches willing vessels that are ready to obey the Lords instruction in order to receive the blessing that they seek. This is why the people wanted to murder Jesus upon hearing all this. They were not ready for the Truth and wanted to kill him by pushing Jesus off a cliff, but they were unable to because the Anointing protects your destiny. That’s how powerful it truly is and this is the same anointing that is in all believers that have been baptized receiving the same power through the Holy Spirit.