Isaiah 54:2 – “Enlarge the place of your tent,
And let them stretch out the curtains of your dwellings;
Do not spare;
Lengthen your cords,
And strengthen your stakes.
If you want increase in your life, you have to allow yourself to stretch out like a tent and be challenged to stand your ground with the Word of God as your foundation.
Genesis 1: 27-31
27 So God created man in His own image; in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them. 28 Then God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply; fill the earth and subdue it; have dominion over the fish of the sea, over the birds of the air, and over every living thing that moves on the earth.”
29 And God said, “See, I have given you every herb that yields seed which is on the face of all the earth, and every tree whose fruit yields seed; to you it shall be for food. 30 Also, to every beast of the earth, to every bird of the air, and to everything that creeps on the earth, in which there is life, I have given every green herb for food”; and it was so. 31 Then God saw everything that He had made, and indeed it was very good.
- God commands man to multiply meaning we have everything we need inside of us to increase and grow.
- God creates the environment for increase by providing you the ingredients that have a multiplication ability through the power of the Seed.
- When God wants to increase you, He creates an environment that promotes:
- Increase, and
meaning that you can double the outcome with the effort you place in applying your faith to increase in any area of your life.
Matthew 25: 14- 30 (NIV)
The Parable of the Bags of Gold (aka The Parable of the Talents)
In the NKJV vs. 14 says… “For the kingdom of heaven is like….
14 “Again, it will be like a man going on a journey, who called his servants and entrusted his wealth to them. 15 To one he gave five bags of gold, to another two bags, and to another one bag,[a] each according to his ability. Then he went on his journey. 16 The man who had received five bags of gold went at once and put his money to work and gained five bags more. 17 So also, the one with two bags of gold gained two more. 18 But the man who had received one bag went off, dug a hole in the ground and hid his master’s money.
19 “After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20 The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’
21 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
22 “The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’
23 “His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
24 “Then the man who had received one bag of gold came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘I knew that you are a hard man, harvesting where you have not sown and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25 So I was afraid and went out and hid your gold in the ground. See, here is what belongs to you.’
26 “His master replied, ‘You wicked, lazy servant! So you knew that I harvest where I have not sown and gather where I have not scattered seed? 27 Well then, you should have put my money on deposit with the bankers, so that when I returned I would have received it back with interest.
28 “‘So take the bag of gold from him and give it to the one who has ten bags. 29 For whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 30 And throw that worthless servant outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
What do you learn from this parable?
- The master is the one who supplied the servants with what they needed to increase. This is exactly like what God did for Adam and Eve in Genesis 1.
- 2 of them obeyed the command from their master who was also their supplier of that increase and put their faith into action and achieved double for their work since faith comes with works.
- Faith comes by hearing, and then doing what you hear.
- The reward for obedience is that for those that multiplied what they were given shared in the masters increase (meaning they were able to keep what they had multiplied and not only that, they were elevated to a new level of responsibility meaning that they achieved promotion).
- Why did they achieve promotion?
- They were trusted with a small task to increase what they were given, and then they achieved a double outcome, they were promoted to new ranks.
- Enlargement comes when you obey the command to multiply what you are given.
- If you do nothing with the task that is given to you, you will remain either stagnant or you will not only be demoted, you will lose every area of responsibility and be fired without a job to do. That is why the Bible warns those who are lazy that the very little that they have will be taken away from them if they do not obey the command to put their faith into action to increase what they are given.
Have you ever been at work and seen your boss give you a project to do with a team and only a few members of that team produce results with the task given while others do nothing assuming that they can just take credit for work they did not even put any effort to do. In the business world, that is unacceptable and it is the same with God. God rewards those that put their faith to work rather than remain lazy and still expecting a reward for doing absolutely nothing.
- Why is this so important to understand? In all your getting you must get understanding.
Deuteronomy 8:1-3 (NKJV)
Remember the Lord Your God
8 “Every commandment which I command you today you must be careful to observe, that you may live and multiply, and go in and possess the land of which the Lord swore to your fathers. 2 And you shall remember that the Lord your God led you all the way these forty years in the wilderness, to humble you and test you, to know what was in your heart, whether you would keep His commandments or not. 3 So He humbled you, allowed you to hunger, and fed you with manna which you did not know nor did your fathers know, that He might make you know that man shall not live by bread alone; but man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of the Lord.
The command to multiply means that there is an obedience factor. The instructions you are willing to obey will determine the miracle you are willing to receive.
- God will give you a command to multiply what He gives you.
- God will test your obedience and your willingness to put your faith at work
- Those that obey what they hear receive a reward
- That reward comes from obeying God’s Word.
- Those that live by the Word prosper
- God assess us by our hearts and what we think in our hearts is what we end up becoming.
- If we believe that there is no need to work our faith like the disobedient servant that buried the talents/bags of gold, we will deserve nothing.
Those that do nothing, deserve nothing.
Those that sow nothing, get nothing,
Those that disobey instruction, reap corruption;
and that is why there will be a gnashing of teeth and a great weeping.
Faith Without Works Is Dead
14 What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is naked and destitute of daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Depart in peace, be warmed and filled,” but you do not give them the things which are needed for the body, what does it profit? 17 Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
If you want to enlargement:
- you need to work with what you’ve got.
- Do not be jealous of your brother or sister that have 5 talents, 2 talents or even one Talent. You have something that God gave you, so work with the abilities that God has given you to increase.
- Every measure that ever person has, has the ability to double if you just believe.
- God (Who is the supplier) gives people according to their abilities and what you do with the little He provides you with will determine whether you will receive double the favour in your life.
- Remember, if you do nothing you receive nothing. But if you apply faith with the little that you’ve got, you will receive double for your trouble. Faith is the key.